Wednesday 6 November 2013

Thirteen

Friday, 21 September 2012

Forgive me in advance for a purely perfunctory entry. I am exhausted and I think I'm coming down with a cold. My husband helpfully suggested today that he thought I might be unwell. Understatement.

Thirteen is his favourite number, do we all prefer the number that corresponds with our birthday?

This morning Mother-in-law collected the girls for the school run and we did our best to leave the house soon after. I donned my battle coat, a wonderful military style cover up that he bought me to celebrate getting out of hospital, suitable attire for the fight ahead. Thank goodness I did as Autumn is definitely upon us.
The train ride to London Bridge is already losing some of it's novelty so I read Marie Claire and was comforted by the beautiful face of Fashion Friend smiling at me from it's pages. Today's appointment was to check the level of fluid surrounding the implant. Two hours and one Ultra sound scan later we were free to leave. The fluid is still there but the risk of infection from a needle aspiration is greater.

Where now for lunch? We have been treating ourselves to a lovely lunch every time we come back to the big smoke. It makes it all the more bearable but is NOT very wallet friendly! Italian on Bermondsey Street today. Oysters at Wrights in Borough Market last Monday, Dim Sum by the river the time before that.

I slept all the way home on the train, then fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. Missed a visit to the charity shop and the school run to collect Daughter 1 from after school dance club, slept though the visit to the sweet shop and woke up at Mother-in-law's drive. We were collecting Daughter 2 who had been hanging out with her Granny and we all ended up staying for a lovely fish supper. When we got home, with two shattered children and feeling the fatigue ourselves we discovered that Mother had popped in, hoovered and polished the house and left it clean for our return.

Tomorrow I have to have a vaginal scan on my ovaries. This isn't a particularly nice process and I'm not looking forward to it. This time last year I had a couple of cysts, a large one on the left which was a bit unpleasant but cleared up on it's own and a small hard one on the right. This is what they would like to examine. Say a prayer for me if that's your thing or just a good old fashioned finger cross will do. We are hoping that it hasn't changed (the hard ones never disappear without being removed). It will be very interesting to see where we end up for lunch tomorrow as this scan is at Lewisham Hospital and I am rather too familiar with the standard of eateries in the area.

The children are being scooped up by some of their wonderful God-Parents for a day by the sea. Yes I am a little jealous!

Next Wednesday 26th September We will be back at Guys for my Oncology appointment, this will be a biggy. It's when I get to meet the Medical Oncologists - The drug people. They will bombard me with information including the type, length and frequency of the chemotherapy they have devised specially for me. They will alert me to the possible side effects and I will put across my demands for vast quantities of anti-nausea drugs and anything else I can get my hands on to make the whole experience more palatable. I think we'll need a table at The Ivy to follow that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment