Monday 11 November 2013

Thirty Two

Sunday, 18 November 2012

Found by my Father in Law.

Friday's chemo was more comfortable due to the port. Also without wearing the cold cap. My wonderful sister accompanied me and we had a surprise visitor too. I made it home on the train, popped in to Mother-In-Law's to see the kids who had prepared an amazing show for us including having to walk the red carpet (blankets on the floor down the hall!) Daughter 2 blew me away by singing to us all, I have barely ever heard her sing due to a misplaced shyness. Daughter 1 acted, directed, propped and costumed. I cried a little bit and then we came home.

I had a bath and a small bowl of soup and got into bed. The nausea started and I vomited and cried through to the early hours supported by my Husband and Sister. Finally dropping into a deep and welcome sleep.

On Saturday morning, while I lay in bed, a group of amazing women got themselves up and went running, for me. One of them had been in A&E with her son the night before (breathing problems but now feeling better) and had only had 3 hours sleep. They ran 5k around Dulwich Park supported by further friends and family. Some of the bigger kids also ran with them. I am completely blown away by this and feel very emotional even typing about it. They had also had a coffee morning on Friday in my honor. The beautiful brains behind the whole thing, a blond bombshell, Ibiza club princess had also sent her husband out fund raising in the local pub! She has been fighting a similar battle with her brave Sister who is now well and back to her beautiful self, recent photos of them together in the Ibizan sun have given me hope and plans for next summer.

All of this was to raise money for my eyebrows! I have had them tattooed with semi permanent pigment so that when they all fall out I will still look like they're there. I have had them done by the lady who did Kylie's when she was ill and she's done a wonderful job. So, following are some pics of my amazing support network in South East London, running in their beautiful bushy eyebrows. THANK YOU LADIES (and all who have sponsored them) I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment