Thursday 7 November 2013

Twenty Five

Twenty Five

I'll tell you some nice things first.

On Monday night we drove to Hawkhurst to have a pub supper with UK-based-twin and his beautiful wife who looked, as always like she's just stepped from the pages of a vintage vogue, this time 1960's, hair in a Bridget Bardot style, indigo jeans tucked into knee high brown leather boots, black roll neck and leopard cardi. Going to any country pub with either of the twins is always a pleasantly nostalgic experience. We didn't leave till after mid-night and had to call my dad from the car to reassure him we were on our way home - the difference being that my curfew was based on my children and not my own bed-time.

Tuesday brought my pre-chemo chat. I was very pleased that no needles were involved. The chemo department is a cheery place with a hotel style reception, designer wallpaper, an internet cafe, patients lounge, tea and coffee machines and big comfy lazy boy chairs where you sit to have treatment. The Sister who gave me my chat was just the right mix of friendly, clever, brusque and informative. We left in time to go to Bermondesy for a Vietnamese light lunch where I bumped in to a former colleague and friend.

After lunch, husband and I went out own ways, he back to Kent to collect the children and me to London Wall to have my eyebrows tattooed on. It's a semi permanent process using a similar technique to a tattoo but not as deep in the epidermis and using pigments instead of ink. It didn't hurt very much and wasn't remarkable for any reason other that that for the first 6 days the pigment is very dark, fading (in my case) to a light fudge colour. At the moment I still look like I come from Liverpool where the ladies are a fan of a very dark brow. My wonderful local ladies are arranging a 5k run on Saturday 17th November at 9am in Dulwich Park to raise money for my eyebrow fund as it isn't a cheap process. I'll pass on the just giving page details.

I took the chance to meet my close male friend for a drink. He was with another friend of ours who I will call 'Iggy's number 1 fan' for obvious reasons. We caught up and compared new hairstyles before No.1 fan headed off for a business meeting. He is in the process of opening a Ping Pong Disco Speakeasy which sounds amazing. Friend and I went to The Rivington where we were joined by the Rubber Faced Dinosaur. We all ate toast in various guises and finished with decadent puddings. No.1 Fan met us after his meeting and the three of them walked me to the bus. I must have looked like the luckiest girls in Shoreditch having kisses blown at me and being dramatically waved off by such a handsome collection of men about town

No comments:

Post a Comment